WHAT TO DO:
• Keep the protective film on for at least 24 hours, or up to 3 days max. The film protects the new tattoo from friction and provides a waterproof, antibacterial barrier that also lets the tattoo breathe
• Dont worry if you see the ink spreading underneath the protective film, thats normal ink residue
• Take the film off under running warm water or in the shower so it comes off easily, then gently clean with water and unscented mild soap. Gently pat dry the tattoo with a fresh clean towel or let it air dry
• Now you can start putting cream on to keep it moisturised. Apply the cream 2-3 times a day and always make sure you wash your hands first. We recommend using non-scented palmers cocoa butter from the supermarket or our organic Evergreen aftercare cream which we have at the studio
WHAT NOT TO DO WHILE ITS HEALING:
• Don't soak in the bath, showers are fine
• No swimming
• Do not wear any clothing that will rub on the tattoo
• No fake tan, perfumes or lotion with chemicals and scents
• No sun beds and keep the tattoo out of the sun
• Dont do any sports activities for at least 1 week
• The tattoo might feel dry and itchy which is a normal part of the healing process, don’t scratch it or rub it, put the cream on to soothe it
• If you have a tattoo on your hands/fingers wear rubber gloves when doing the dishes or cleaning
The tattoo should be healed within 3 weeks, every tattoo is different. So just be clean and mindful of your new tattoo with good aftercare.
If the tattoo needs a touch up after its healed contact your artist directly with a photo.