WHAT TO DO:
• Keep the protective film on for at least 24 hours, or up to 3 days max. The film protects the new tattoo from friction and provides a waterproof, antibacterial barrier that also lets the tattoo breathe
• Don't worry if you see the ink spreading underneath the protective film, that's normal ink residue
• Take the film off under running warm water or in the shower so it comes off easily, then gently clean with water and unscented mild soap. Gently pat dry the tattoo with a fresh clean towel or let it air dry
• Now you can start putting cream on to keep it moisturised. Apply the cream 2-3 times a day and always make sure you wash your hands first. We recommend using non-scented Palmer's Cocoa Butter from the supermarket
WHAT NOT TO DO WHILE ITS HEALING:
• Don't soak in the bath, showers are fine
• No swimming
• Do not wear any clothing that will rub on the tattoo
• No fake tan, perfumes or lotion with chemicals and scents
• No sun beds and keep the tattoo out of the sun
• Don't do any sports activities for at least 1 week
• The tattoo might feel dry and itchy which is a normal part of the healing process, don’t scratch or rub it, put some cream on to soothe it
• If you have a tattoo on your hands/fingers wear rubber gloves when doing the dishes or cleaning
The tattoo should be healed within 3 weeks, but every tattoo is different. Try to be clean and mindful of your new tattoo whilst practicing a good aftercare routine.
If the tattoo needs a touch up after its healed, please contact your artist directly and include a photo.